VU2VWN “Homebrewer of the Year”
Objective: Recognizing homebrewers of VU
Mode: Nomination to be called in June/July each year on ARSI group
1. Nomination can be by self or fellow ham
2. Nomination shall contain details about the home brewer, his/her contributions to advance the technical nature of the hobby, recent projects and any other details as justification
3. Homebrewer might have built original designs or enhanced already published designs to make it more popular
4. Homebrewer shall be agreeing to publish his work on ARSI media such as webpage, HRN, Facebook, Twitter etc.
5. Selection will be done by ARSI GC and final decision will be taken by Contest Manager
Home-brewing remains a very healthy aspect of the hobby and many VUs have over the years furthered this aspect of the hobby through their kind mentoring. It is no surprise that it continues to thrive even with the relatively easier availability of equipment these days compared to yesteryear. Therefore, ARSI will recognize one Indian amateur every year whose contributions to the art of home-brewing have helped others fellow VUs to get on air, or improve their station capability.
ARSI feels the award be named after the late OM Vasanth VU2VWN whose popular VWN QRP design got many VUs to be QRV for the first time.
The award will be called “VU2VWN Award” for significant contributions to the art of home-brewing and experimenting.
|2016||VU2JN||Prof. Jayaraman R|